Approaching retirement in Pennsylvania is an exciting time with many positive changes, but it might also present some legal issues. Seniors face several unique legal issues when planning for their future, as do caretakers of elderly loved ones. This makes it important to collaborate with a professional elder law attorney to address your concerns.
An elder law attorney in Pennsylvania can help you address challenges such as:
- Long-Term Planning. This broad overview looks at your or your loved one’s situation in the long term, preparing for any possibility. You’ll plan for disabilities, health concerns, nursing homes, or other long-term care options.
- Preservation of Estate. Your estate plan needs to be up to date with documents like Power of Attorney and healthcare papers. Planning ahead now will save your loved ones stress and costs in the future, and will help to protect your legacy. You will also ensure that you receive care at a skilled nursing facility and/or Medicaid benefits if the time comes.
- Medicaid Qualification. The Medicaid qualification process in Pennsylvania can be complex and lengthy, especially because the laws change often. Working with an elder law attorney can greatly reduce the amount of time and complications this process can present.
- Veteran Benefits. Like Medicaid, veteran’s benefits can be hard to understand. Your elder law attorney will walk you through the process and keep your application moving forward.
- Caretaker Services. As the caretaker of an elderly person in Pennsylvania, you may be entitled to rights surrounding their healthcare decisions and more. Speaking with an elder law attorney can clear up any confusion and keep your rights protected in case of incapacity or emergency.
The Law Office of Amy L. Phillips, PLLC has been serving elder law clients in Pennsylvania for years through virtual services. Because our firm believes in complete accessibility, we are happy to help you address your “grey” law issues from the comfort of your own home. An elder law attorney from The Law Office of Amy L. Phillips, PLLC will help you qualify for the rights you deserve and protect your interests well into the future.