Florida Estate Planning Services
Estate planning in Florida is the process of managing, allocating, and protecting your assets and property. It is vitally important to have a functional estate plan for your future, since it will tell your loved ones what to do should you fall ill or pass away. Without an estate plan, you could be putting the future of your estate, and legacy, at risk.
By working with a qualified estate planning attorney, you can create the optimal estate plan for your needs. Your estate plan might include:
- Will. Your Last Will and Testament reveal how your assets will be distributed when you pass away. It can also be used to designate guardians for minor or disabled children.
- Durable Power of Attorney. This document allows you to designate a person to make important financial decisions for you if you become incapacitated.
- Healthcare Surrogate Designation. You can easily designate a healthcare surrogate, or someone who will make health-related decisions for you, if you become incapacitated. You can elect to have certain care given to you after health issues occur.
- Living Will. In Florida, a living will enables you to leave instructions for your health treatment in the event you become unable to care or communicate for yourself. Your healthcare surrogate will use this document as a map for your care.
- Universal HIPAA Release. This document allows your healthcare surrogate to access and share your health records in the event you become incapacitated.
- Life Estate Deeds. When you need to allocate real property (real estate) to your loved ones in Florida, you can do so through enhanced life estate deeds. A life estate deed will keep the property under your control until your passing, then will transfer the property automatically to your loved ones without the requirement of probate.
- Trusts. There are many types of trusts, but they all share one thing in common: they exercise control over your property after you become incapacitated or for a period of time after your death, rather than property being placed directly into the hands of your heirs.
The Law Office of Amy L. Phillips, PLLC has helped countless clients set up their estate plans and protect their future in Florida. We can assist you in drafting a will, creating powers of attorney, and ensuring transfer of property with ease.
To get in touch with an estate planning attorney in Florida today, simply contact the Law Office of Amy L. Phillips, PLLC by phone at 863-268-8292 or click [here] to set up your first fully confidential consultation.
Estate Planning Packages
Each estate planning package includes the following documents and services: Durable Power of Attorney with Affidavit of Agent and Notices, Healthcare Surrogate Designation and Living Will with Universal HIPPA Release, in-office signing, return of your originals, and a flash drive with electronic copies.
- Will - straightforward with outright distributors only (no trusts)
- Will - complex, including minor’s trust or other more complicated distribution plans
- Revocable Living Trust and associated supporting documents
- Limited Power of Attorney for Real Properly
- One deed included; additional $150 / each
- Trust Notebook
- First year of Docubank membership included
- Up to 1 hr. consultation with financial planners
- Second flash drive with electronic copies
- All of the benefits of the Advanced Plan, plus…
- As-needed consultation with financial/tax professionals involved in your planning
- Up to 2 amendments or changes within first year at no charge
- Two deeds included; additional $150/each
- Up to 2 hours continuing consultation for you or your family members
- Free identification process for long-distance family members requesting copies of your documents
- Pre-Long Term Care Consultation
Choose your plan, then choose any additional services.
We will assist you every step of the way in transfering your assets into a trust or changing beneficiary designations on assets for a will-based plan. Although you will have to sign beneficiary change documents, we will take care of the rest - contacting financial institutions, gathering and filling out forms, discussing the changes with financial institutions as needed, delivering all necessary paperwork to your financial institutions, and confirming changes were made properly after funding.
Kids Care Plan
A detailed set of documents outlining your desires for your children if you become incapacitated or pass away while they are still minors. The plan addresses many issues that are not addressed within the limits of traditional estate planning documents, such as education, religion, and other values; temporary and permanent guardians and trustees are designated in great detail; advanced provisions within your will or trust as to succession of guardians and trustees; private statements as to your desires regarding your children’s caregivers.
Pre-Long Term Care Evaluation
A detailed analysis, in writing, of all of your assets and what your choices are if you need Medicaid or VA benefits in the future, plus special attention to long-term care planning issues in your estate planning documents. Your power of attorney and will or trust would be geared toward making a Medicaid application run smoothly; we would provide in-depth assistance with any probate avoidance issues; and advise you on gifting and other pre-planning tactics that may reduce your liability in the future. Also includes an hour-long follow-up consultation (in addition to your document signing meeting) to discuss the analysis and options.
Young Adult Package
For adult children of current or past estate planning clients, who are ages 18 to 30, we offer a discounted package including a Combination Living Will and Health Care Surrogate Designation with HIPAA Release and Durable Power of Attorney with Affidavit of Agent and Notices to signer and agent, as well as direction on avoiding probate as they build their assets. + $300 for additional child in the same family (siblings).
$250 & up
We can execute your documents in the comfort of your own home, office, or healthcare facility if needed or desired. Travel fee includes one or two witnesses (depending on documents being signed) and notary traveling to your location. Additional details will be available to you during your consultation.
Base fees include: all documents, in-office signing, and return of your original documents.
Lifetime Documents Set
Durable Power of Attorney with Affidavit + Notices & Healthcare Surrogate Designation + Living Will + Universal HIPPA Release
Durable Power of Attorney with Affidavit and Notices
Healthcare Surrogate Designation and Living Will with Universal HIPPA Release
Last Will & Testament - Simple
with outright distributions
Last Will & Testament - Complex
with complicated distribution or minor’s trusts
Enhanced Life Estate Deed or Quit Claim Deed
(includes recording fee up to $30)
$225 with estate planning package
$300 without estate planning package
Codicil or Trust Amendment
(depending on complexity and number of sections revised)